- Carry out a Gap Analysis to identify what needs to be done to meet ISO 50001
- Help build an Energy Management System or upgrade an existing one to ISO 50001
- Train or mentor staff and internal auditors to ISO 50001
- Up-skill ISO 9001 or ISO 14001 internal auditors to ISO 50001
- Carry out an Energy Audit to identify energy/carbon reduction opportunities.
- Help bring about the behavioural change needed to embed energy efficiency in your organisation.
ISO 50001 methodology
In common with 9001 and 14001, the focus is on reviewing outcomes to give a continuous improvement approach that can be so effective in managing energy. Furthermore, since consumption is so often regarded as an overhead rather than a controllable resource by many within organisations, the potential for ISO 50001 to make an impact is great.
- Siystemic: energy audit, plan of activities, activites execution, monitoring and control of energy consumptions, wastes and losses,
- Infrastructural: plants, machineries and building improvement implementing new technologies and/or improving existing ones,
- Behavioural: communication and dissemination about potential saving strightly related to virtuous behaviours related to awareness campaign.
ISO 50001 benefits
- Drive down energy consumption and carbon emissions in a systematic way with greater management focus and commitment
- Establish, implement, maintain and improve an energy management system
- Train, raise awareness and provide continuity through changes of personnel
- Obtain certification of the EMS or make a self-evaluation and self-declaration of conformance with the standard
- Demonstrate energy/carbon performance to key stakeholders such as staff, customers, suppliers and shareholders
Moreover it allows to:
- Understand your baseline energy usage and reduce your energy costs
- Create specific action plans, targets and energy performance indicators
- Implement energy efficient projects and save money
- Promote best practice in energy management
- Provide a structured and measurable approach to energy management
- Reduce your carbon footprint and GHG emissions
- Gain a competitive edge over non certified businesses when invited to tender